Edt. Assoc. Page
Please read the following information to learn more about TRT's Editorial Associate career opportunity, and APPLY to receive more information about XCLU.
**THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR TRT's AVAILABLE EDITORIAL ASSOCIATE POSITION IS JULY 10TH, 2015 AT 11:59 PM PST**
EDITORIAL ASSOCIATE – We are looking for a disciplined Editorial Associate, seeking Part-time or Full-time employment, who can support the refinement and execution of projects focused on recruiting Independent Creatives and acquiring their Creative Assets, as we refine XCLU through its Alpha - Master phases of development.
The Editorial Associate is responsible for aiding the Editorial Department’s productivity when recruiting Independent Creatives (such as Musicians, Videographers, and Mixed Media artists), acquiring Creative Assets (such as .mp3, .mov, and .gif files), and establishing content management systems to ensure every project is completely produced in its entirety and on time.
Focused on refining the Editorial Departments approach to collaborate with Independent Creatives contributing Creative Assets, this position provides support in all stages of producing the fluid multimedia music experiences XCLU generates. From the pre-production selection process of vetting qualified Independent Creatives to the testing phase of working closely with them to accurately tag content, this position applies liaison experience to get Independent Creatives acclimated to the ecosystem XCLU has to offer them; in order to ensure our product’s streaming end product performs effectively and efficiently.
Supporting the intentional purposes of the Editorial Department’s projects, this position collects data and necessary material from Independent Creatives to move our development forward in the right direction for their benefit. More importantly, this position maintains progressive communication about our internal affairs with the Independent Creatives’ management teams to inspire trust, motivation, and confidence in our working relationships.
- Managing and maintaining the communication between our team and the Independent Creatives’ teams.
- Articulating the concerns and viewpoints of our team and Independent Creatives in alignment with our Executive Direction.
- Collecting data and necessary materials throughout the Editorial Department’s projects.
- Drafting and distributing project initiative documents to our team and the Independent Creatives’ teams.
- Analyzing the source components of each Creative Asset to prevent defying copyright laws.
- Leveraging networks to contribute resources to projects when needed.
- Coaching Independent Creatives through the applications and workflows of our content management systems.
- 2 – 4 years experience in Executive Live Music/Art event production.
- Background in Artist Relations for the Creative industries (i.e. Music, Visual Arts, Video Production, etc.).
- Experience in bridging the gaps between multiple internal and external parties to execute productions.
- Confident ability to present, pitch, and close product sales.
- Personal integrity and ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- A professional demeanor and the ability to develop and maintain long-term business relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently produce quality projects on time.
- Confident ability to collaborate with all departments/partners of the organization and external parties in a highly professional manner.
- Willingness to travel and execute the Editorial Department’s projects as we all travel together.
- Superior ability to conduct research and prove validity of each Creative Asset’s source of production.
- Confident ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Confident ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of Internet content sharing and tagging.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle change within their own and team’s framework.
- Confident ability to work in an agile, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Confident ability to think out of the box.
- Takes risks and the initiative, then incorporate feedback.
- Confident ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas at an Executive level.
- Proactive knowledge of and excellent proficiency in office/production software (such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and iMovie).
- Bi-lingual or open to becoming proficient in multiple languages.